Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grahamstown- a hub of incompetant hillbillys

As young people who have had to survive under our parents supression for so many years, the word "yearn" does not fully encapsulate the burning desire and craving we have for freedom. when i got my car on my 19th birthday i promised myself that i would look after my new Coco with all my heart and soul. six months later, "drinking and driving" became an act of inconsequentialism... i now longer worried seeing as i had done it so many times and nothing had happened. And so i went on for a year, partying and getting home on my own time. then the 17th of September happened.

I dont remeber driving, nor do i remember hitting the large, yellow pole outside of BP and causing my car R13 000 damage. I knew I coldnt tell my parents... they are 'those' kinds of parents, the ones who would without a doubt pull me out of varsity on the basis that i am a raging alcoholic (not true, but irrelevant). And so the plan began, I was lucky enough to find a friend who was willing and able to lend me R9 500... just about four grand short and with a month to go, who knows how i will raise that kind of money. I fully accept the responsibility and this is not a cry for help, i can manage thanks.

However, what i cant manage is the absolute incompetance of service in Grahamstown... Three weeks later i am still waiting for the parts only to find out that they havent ordered them... thanks for letting me know. apparently, a R9000 deposit is required before the parts can be ordered. Yet, due to incompetant and undertrained staff, I am still waiting for banking details. I have that sickening feeling that my car wont be ready by the end of term in which case i will publically attack the autobody shop who say that it will only take a week.

As exams draw near, considering the fact that i write four in a row, i am stressed. I am even considering attaching a blinking banner to my head which screams cusses at anyone who tries to approach me. this is a sensitive time my friends, lets hope for the benefit of the autobody shop, no one gets hurt.

No comments: